Just read her blog ... now I wanna talk about music, hahaha, although I DID think about writing about it before, so I hope she doesn't see me as a copycat ><
I am a loyal listener of Rock and Metal, but I am also choosy of what I listen to. Before I download a song, I look up the lyrics and if they have any one or more of what's on my "list" then I don't dowload it at all:
-tons of cursing
-F bomb
-sexual references
-hidden meanings
-anti anything, but mainly military, God, or women
-tons of screaming
Stuff like that. I don't mind a word here and there, like D or H, but I don't like A and B, and F definitely means I don't like it. I also only like plain Metal, meaning stuff from the eighties, where the big contest was who could sing the highest and who could play the fastest. Judas Priest's Rob Halford definitely won singing the highest, but I'm not sure who could really play the fastest, lol. The Metal music that I listen to is when it started out, the pure metallic sound of bands like Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, some of Megadeth, and Dragonforce (although they're their own category all together, Speed Metal). I don't like death metal, or screamo, or stuff like that, cuz it just seems way too violent or something, I don't know, lol.
Alongside pure Metal is Hair Metal, which means metal bands who also wear flashy costumes and tons of makeup, but mainly known for either really long and crazy hair or crazy wigs. A few prominent examples are Kiss and Twisted Sister, although I don't really like Kiss because all of their songs sound almost exactly the same, so bleh. A couple more obscure Hair Metal bands include Queensryche and Dio, although they went more for the long hair rather than costumes. They also were more concerned about soaring vocals; my favorite singers are Rob Halford, Geoff Tate, and Ronnie James Dio (I'm still kinda upset that Dio is dead T.T)
Rock is very tasteful, but only when they rerain from hitting any of the items on my "list," lol. It looks like I lean more toward Alternative Rock, like Three Doors Down, Rise Against, and Shinedown. I love their harmonic vocals; that's really the epitome of Rock, is vocals. The messages of their songs are mainly geared towards relationships, or more accurately, towards being in love. There's one song that I used to absolutely love, Here Without You by Three Doors Down, but too many memories became attached to it, so I don't listen to it anymore, and I shut it out when it comes up on the radio or something. To be honest I've kinda started disliking the song entirely.
Now for the dissing; I'm completely biased against rap. I don't think there is any talent behind it at all, I mean there's no singing, it's just some dude talking with music in the background, and most of it is cussing, and most of THAT is racist or f-bombing. I hear Eminem talking about how much he's opposed to censorship in music, saying that it's against Free Speech ... I live by this: your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins. Meaning yeah you have a freedom of speech, but when it starts to offend people and it attacks certain religions, races, creeds, or anything like that, then it becomes a problem. I don't think it should be completely done away with, no, but I think it should be censored when played by public things like football games or radio stations. I feel the same way about Metal and Rock, if they are really offensive or something like that then I think it should be censored, like they usually do. Some people say I'm a hypocrite when I talk about Linkin Park, because I like them. They are NOT rap, however, because they sing, harmonize, and play very well. I don't really consider them screamo either because they sing more than scream.
Country ... I've been raised in an anti-country-music home, so naturally I find it distasteful. I'm not saying I hate all of it, because I've heard a few good country songs ... then again the reason I thought they were good was because they sounded more rock than country, lol. The majority of all the country music I have heard talked about: sex, women, beer, porches, trucks, dogs, and fishing. And I find all of that very stupid to sing about. Another thing is their singing and guitar playing, ugh it sounds so awful, it's way to redneck sounding and twanging and I don't like that, especially severe redneck accents, blech.
Pop, techno, and other similar sounding music is mostly blah to me, I only like a select few of Michael Jackson's stuff, but the rest of it seems way too sexually explicit and that turns me off immediately. To me, it's mostly characterized nowadays by singers like Katy Perry, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and other slutty singers.
Finally, you got Weird Al ... He's his own category all together, I mean he's clean, very talented, and hilarious, and above all he's just out there, he Performs his own Way.
Now that I've got that off my chest, I think that'll be it for the night, lol <3
No comments:
Post a Comment