When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
and the world makes you king for a day,
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself,
and see what the man has to say.
For it isn't your father or mother or wife,
whose judgements upon you must pass;
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life,
is the one staring back Through the Glass.
Some people may say you're a straight shootin' chum,
and think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum,
if you can't look him straight in the eye.
He's the fellow to please - never mind all the rest,
for he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test,
if the man in the glass is your friend.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
and get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears,
if you've cheated the man in the glass.
-Anonymous-
I heard this once and really liked it, there are only a few poems that I like, because I don't like poetry in general, my english teachers were weird about it so I blame them, lol.
I just had a big discussion with my parents about issues in a circle of people we know. I don't understand how anyone can be as un-Christlike as this man, instead of reaching out to help someone who is obviously in critical need of fellowshipping, he refuses to even speak to her. He is so full of pride that he looks down on our family and refuses to apologize for wronging us whenever something happens. I say refuse because he KNOWS he was wrong, but he will NOT admit it. He has only selfish, prideful feelings and doesn't want to be proved wrong by anyone, ESPECIALLY a woman.
Before the discussion, I watched an incredible movie that some might mistake for a chick-flick, Tangled. I don't like really romantic movies, but I do like cute, comedic, love stories. I've always wanted to be in one of those kinds of relationships with a girl; being romantic at one point then wrestling each other to get the last cookie with one of us finally sitting atop the other in triumph while munching on the cookie in the next moment. That's why I love Karalea so much, cuz I'm pretty sure I could hold her hand and stare into her eyes, and then she would fight for that cookie and win, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment