Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bound and Unbound

Addictions.

People have always told me that when they decided to move out and do whatever they wanted, that they became free to do whatever they wanted, so they started smoking and drinking and other stuff that's not healthy at all. They thought they were free, and they still do, and they still will up until the day they die. What they don't realize is they've in fact become a slave to themselves and their addictions. "Oh I can stop whenever I want to," yeah right, you just say that so people won't worry about you.

Bound.

You think you can be free to do whatever you want to do, so you smoke and drink, but smoking just tears up your lungs so you are physically limited, and drinking makes you mentally limited, therefore you are chained to the very things you sought refuge in, and you are a slave. If you live healthily, then you really can do whatever you want to do, because you'll be physically and mentally sound.

Unbound.

You think you're so free, so you go out and do everything that can really screw you over, so your life is cut very short cuz you got lung cancer, AIDS, and you just got drunk and crashed your car, so now you got diseases and shattered bones. Where's your freedom now? Can't go anywhere, can't do anything, gotta watch what you eat, that's some freedom.

Freedom is happiness. Freedom is love. Freedom is being able to go out with friends and family, play some sports or video games, eat whatever you want, and be in love with who you marry. It's not sitting on the couch, drinking beer, smoking a cigarette, and yelling at your "wife" to grab you another beer. Is that what you want to do for the rest of your life; lounge around and do nothing, day in and day out? If you really wanted freedom, you wouldn't let yourself go like that, you'd constantly be talking with friends about the next time you want to get together and have fun.

Relationship-wise, freedom happens when you fall in love. "I've been with so many guys, it's jut not worth it to me anymore. They just dump me whenever I won't do everything they want me to, I'm tired of looking for this perfect guy you keep telling me about, he just doesn't exist! I've actually started looking forward to being a 40-year-old single virgin, ya know? Ha ha ha!" Good friend of mine, we became friends in ninth grade and she always looked to me for advice. She's just one of the many people I hear about that say it's not worth falling in love or getting married, cuz over half of marriages in the world today end up in divorce. FALSE! That's absolutely false, in fact the only high rates of divorce are in the Hollywood area (no joke) and that percentage is really, at the highest, a little under 30%. Don't try and tell me that you "sign your life away once your married," or crap like "money goes down the drain when you get married." That's bullcrap; actual statistics show that married couples become richer together, provided at least one of them has a good paying job. Also, if they are truly in love, then money doesn't matter, they somehow find ways to make ends meet, it happens every time. Don't question me, that's the real statistics.

I'm happy to have fallen for her, I'm the happiest I've ever been, and probably ever will be. And if this relationship lasts longer than just "boyfriend and girlfriend," then I dont think I'll ever be upset again. I love you, Karalea, more than anything in the world. <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment