Monday, September 5, 2011

One

One month before I leave. One single phrase to make my heart soar. One single tear that graces my cheek when I read her blogs and messages. One face that always floats in my mind, no matter what is going on. One person that makes me feel loved like never before. One dream that makes me smile ear to ear.
One love that has consumed me inside out.
I wish I could put into words how special I feel because of her, but that would probably take up a few books. Someone should invent a word to describe this feeling, this desire to want to be with her and hold her hand while staring longingly in her eyes and whispering "I love you." Wait, they already did, didn't they? It's just been misconstrued and misrepresented by radio, television, movies, celebrities, books, and the like. Love is so much more than what they show.
This is True Love.
Not the romance novels that tell a tale about two people that fall in love and never do anything else. Too many times I see people buying books that have a naked couple hugging or kissing on the front cover. They don't read any other part except for the sexual part of the relationship.
Not the movies and shows that show forbidden relationships that wind up in nothing but sex and then say that that is what love is. How is it that people believe through movies that if you really love someone that you will screw them whenever you get the chance? Oh, and that marriage doesn't matter at all, cuz then you're free to do whatever if you find you don't like the girl after all.
Not the stories posted about celebrites who get married five times, each time claiming that "this is the One." Or maybe about the "faithful husbands" who wind up having mistresses and other girlfriends at the same time. What do they have to say for themselves? They never thought it would come to light? Do they think this is just a game?
This is life.
And I've found my reason to live.
I'm in love with Karalea Chapman. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment